Mission Statement

Mission Statement

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tips for Living with Allergies


I'll never forget the day a few years ago when my doctor called me on my cellphone post blood-work.  "You have the most allergies out of anyone I've ever come across."  And he's had thousands of patients.  Cats especially- their technology couldn't even read my reaction because it was off the scale.
I'm allergic to most plants, animals and metals.  Nothing very severe except cats.

Yeah, I'm basically an Alien.

So here are some of my best tips!  Enjoy!

1. Clean

Not just clutter, but dirt.  Vaccuum.  Dust.  Spray bleach on any signs of mold.  You know how it goes.   You want to take off as much unnecessary strain on your over-reactive immune system as possible.  And if people are demanding your time away from cleaning as much as you need to, tell them it's doctor's orders and for health reasons and they'll leave to your business.

2. Get Your Lymph System Moving

This means cardio.  Get into the habit of taking the stairs.  Relax and drop parking in the closest spot as possible and walk a little.  I highly recommending doing High Intensity Interval Training, even just 10 minutes every couple days.  It will make a huge difference to clear out all built up, internal inflammation.

3. Eat Clean & Drink More Water

This is a biggie, and way too underrated.  No matter how much medicine, shots, avoidance, whatever you do, eating clean will help SO much!  When I'm eating cleanly, not only do my allergies subside, but if I do need to take medication it works so much better.  

And guess who I'm sitting next to as I write this?  Yes, my pet cat.  Who should technically be able to kill me right now.  And no, I can't pet her for very long or  rub my face on her cute fluffiness.  But! I can coincide with her without reacting because I've built a tolerance to her and followed these tips.  To the point where I don't even need to take medication around her.  They help tremendously and have kept my body reaction-free and mostly medication-free.  

(***Note I still ALWAYS keep medication on me for emergencies.  Increasing exposure does NOT count for people who are still highly reactive and should only be done under a doctor's supervision.  It's been a journey of living more healthy, monitoring my reactions and allowing myself more exposure little by little).

Either way, these tips will definitely lighten your symptoms and make your medications more effective.  I hate feeling restricted and love the increased freedom of enjoying the nature and animals of God's Creation.  And hope you will too  <3

Much Love, Alex.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis